More than ever, we realize the importance of citation: The most profitable investment in the world is to invest in yourself.
With the year we just had where we were forced to stay home in hopes of slowing the contagion of the infamous virus, many have been able to introspect on themselves and their priority. Other than listening to Netflix, baking bread or creating TikTok's cold brew recipe, activities were limited. The work on oneself was therefore at the rendezvous.
Now that life is slowly but surely returning to normal, what we learned during the pandemic should not be lost or forgotten. Here are some simple but effective ways to nurture your relationship with yourself by giving it continuous love.
Make your home a sanctuary
Because you deserve to live in a clean (and smelling.) Whether it's our grapefruit all-purpose cleaner or one of our eucalyptus candles, you're sure to find the perfect product in our online store to enhance your home experience. You'll thank yourself for making the effort for yourself! (and your sense of smell too!)
Enriching yourself with positive tools
Wellness, manifestation and positive thinking books & podcasts have been a great help to me in getting through the tougher times in quarantine! Our head is like a garden, if we don't continually tend it, that's where the weeds grow. Same thing for the head, it is a perpetual work, and this every day! You just have to write on Spotify/Apple Music/Youtube titles like "positive affirmations", "meditation to start the day well", "get rid of limiting thoughts", etc. and more!
Create a healthy routine
It is important for your body & mind to establish a balanced schedule each day (as much as possible; don't beat yourself up if you don't follow it to the letter; we are all human!)
Here is a small example of a well-balanced day:
- Get up at the same time each morning in order to get our circadian rhythm used to generating cycles that work efficiently, keeping our system strong and energized.
- Try as much as possible to keep yourself an hour after getting up and an hour before going to bed without touching your phone. Looking at your notifications first thing in the morning can be intrusive and can give you anxiety, which may cause your brain to prioritize its obligations less well during the day. There are also many reasons to avoid being on your cell phone before bed, including the stimulation your brain receives, which will prevent you from falling asleep quickly.
- Whether it's 5 minutes or 1 hour, it's always important to keep a moment for yourself in your routine. Whether it's listening to a podcast, doing yoga, exercising, dancing in your living room: prioritizing yourself for a moment during the day makes a big difference in the long run. Enhance your date with yourself with one of our essential oils. Guaranteed you won't get ghosted with this little gem (hihi).
- Taking care of your hygiene is also a great proof of self-love! Although, yes, dry shampoo works miracles; it's as good for your hair as it is for your mind to take a good shower, feel clean and well. You can even take it a step further and make an appointment with your dentist for a cleaning or even with your esthetician for a facial! The sky is the limit!
- DRINK. A LOT. WATER. enough said. and much more!
That's what makes it possibly 1/18 of the things you can do for yourself! Note that everyone is different and this may not be right for everyone. Let us know in the comments if you would like a part two on this topic!
Remember: it doesn’t have to be perfect, as long as you’re happy with it.